Park Rules & Warnings
- Please drive slowly and walk where possible
- No Pets, Motorbikes, Chainsaws or Generators
- Please DO NOT feed wildlife
- Think of others and keep noise to a minimum. Noise must cease at 10:00 pm
- Entry Tags must be hung from the interior rear view mirror of your car
- No washing vehicles
- DO NOT wash dishes in amenities blocks
At the discretion of Park Management, guests may be required to vacate the park if they are deemed to be behaving in a socially unacceptable way causing damage, disturbing other guests, using unacceptable language or otherwise breaking park rules.
Emergency Fire Evacuation Procedure
In the event of a major bush fire, the horn will sound numerous long blasts.
- DO NOT drive out of Coolendel
- Disconnect gas bottles and place them upright in a clear area
- Close car windows and if possible park in a clear area
- Quickly gather your group and head to the Shelter Shed Bushfire Assembly Area (see map on reverse side)
Coolendel Staff will meet you and check numbers.
FIRES MUST BE NO BIGGER THAN HALF A METRE IN DIAMETER
- A campfire or BBQ may be lit for the purpose of preparing food provided
- Fires are lit only in a permanently constructed fireplace with at least 3 metres cleared of combustible material
- An adult is in attendance
- The fire must be extinguished before leaving the area or going to bed
- Sufficient water must be on hand in case of an emergency
- DO NOT throw bottles or cans into the fires
Cooking during Total Fire Ban
TOTAL FIRE BANS MUST BE OBSERVED WHILST IN FORCE
- NO FIRES to be lit at all during Total Fire Ban
- Cooking may only be carried out in the designated areas near the toilet blocks using ours or your gas cooking appliances
ALL PATRONS ENTER THE WATER AT THEIR OWN RISK
- If you cannot swim DO NOT enter the water
- DO NOT dive into the river as it can be shallow with rocks and tree snags
- Beware of steep drop offs and varying water depths
- Beware of fast flowing water and strong currents
- Personal floatation vests should be worn by inexperienced swimmers
- Personal floatation vests are available from the shop
Choose a secluded spot, an open grassy area, or set up near an open fireplace so you can enjoy the quintessential camping experience under the stars!
Looking for large group accommodation? As well as our campground, we have a bunkhouse sleeping up to 20 people, and cabins sleeping up to 6 people.
Flash Camp has ventured back into the South Coast hinterland with two great camps on the Upper Shoalhaven River; one camp of six spacious 6m Bell tents perfect for individual tent booking, the second camp comprising of six 5m Bell tents perfect for a group takeover. Each have their own communal areas and cooking facilities.